- International Crime Fiction
| Synopsis |
An impressive and very funny collection of stories by Teresa Solana but the fun is very dark indeed. The oddest things happen. Statues decompose and stink out galleries, two old grandmothers are vengeful killers, a prehistoric detective on the verge of becoming the first religious charlatan trails a triple murder that is threatening cave life as the early innocents knew it. The collection also includes a sparkling web of Barcelona stories–connected by two criminal acts–that allows Solana to explore the darker side of different parts of the city and their seedier inhabitants.
| Author Interview |
- What book from your childhood still has a place in your heart today?
Enid Blyton’s Famous Five novels. I loved all their adventures. As a ten-year-old girl in Barcelona in the early seventies, England seemed a really exotic country.
- Which fictional character stayed with you long after you finished the book?
Anna Karenina, that I read for the first time when I very young, and Ripley, Patricia Highsmith’s character.
- Can you tell us a little about your journey with your new release?
In August I’ll be at the Edinburgh Festival; in September in Stirling for the Bloody Scotland Noir Festival and in October, the Henley Literary Festival. I’ll also launch the book in London and in Oxford, where I live.
- Do you get an emotional connection to your characters?
With almost every one. Although there are no “autobiographical characters” in my novels, many contain autobiographical elements.
- Can you please, share a photo with us that tells a story.
- What was your favourite read of 2017?
Fabián y el caos, by Cuban novelist Pedro Juan Gutiérrez
- If your book came with a theme song what would it be?
It’s been a hard day’s night, by the Beatles.
- Is the genre you write your favourite to read?
Yes, but I enjoy reading all kinds of novels.
- If you could ask your readers anything, what would you want to know?
Which story in The First Prehistoric Serial Killer and Other Stories did you prefer?
- What are you working on now?
On the third novel in my “Norma Forester” series. Norma is a police inspector whose family is very strange.
| Order Link |
If you enjoyed the blog please leave a like and a comment. We would love it if you could share it on Twitter & Facebook. It really helps us to grow. Thanks so very much.
In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog
contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a
small commission for us (at no extra cost for you).