♥ Blurb ♥
Cass Claymore, a red-headed, motorbike riding, ex-ballerina inherits a Detective Agency, and accidentally employs an ex-con dwarf and an octogenarian. Hired by a client who should know better, Cass has no leads, no clue and a complete inability to solve a case. Still, a girl needs to eat and her highbred client’s offering good money. Join her as, with bungling incompetence, she follows a trail littered with missing antique teddies, hapless crooks, a misplaced Lord of the Realm and dead bodies. Will Cass, and Scotland survive?
♥ Author Wendy Jones ♥
Award Winning Author Wendy H. Jones lives in Scotland, and her police procedural series featuring Detective Inspector Shona McKenzie, is set in the beautiful city of Dundee, Scotland. Wendy has led a varied and adventurous life. Her love for adventure led to her joining the Royal Navy to undertake nurse training. After six years in the Navy, she joined the Army where she served as an Officer for a further 17 years. This took her all over the world including Europe, the Middle East and the Far East. Much of her spare time is now spent travelling around the UK, and lands much further afield. As well as nursing Wendy also worked for many years in Academia. This led to the publication in academic textbooks and journals. Killer’s Countdown is her first novel and the first book in the Shona McKenzie Mystery series. Killer’s Crew won the Books Go Social Book of the Year 2107. There are now six books in this series with Killer’s Crypt being released in August, 2017. The Dagger’s Curse is the first book in The Fergus and Flora Mysteries for Young Adults. This book is currently shortlisted for the Woman Alive Magazine Readers Choice Award Book of the Year. She is also a highly successful marketer and she shares her methods in the book, Power Packed Book Marketing.
♥ Book Review ♥
I was pleasantly surprised when I read the first book in the new Cass Claymore series by Wendy H. Jones. Antiques and Alibis has all the ingredients for a fun romp through mystery-reading time. We have a sassy heroine, Cass Claymore who has inherited her uncle’s private investigation company. Did I mention she’s also a former ballerina? Honest, she reminds me of my best friend. Witty, independent, resourceful, and funny.
What starts as a silly investigation for an antique teddy bear takes Cass on quite the adventure, and into territory much more dangerous than she could imagine. For those who like comedy with their mystery story, you will not be disappointed.
Jones keeps Cass clever and dropping one-liners even in the midst of dire situations. And this keeps the tone and energy of the book flowing. And I’m able to get inside of Cass Claymore’s head and understand our heroine. Case in point:
Oh, did I mention the dead body at my feet? The worst part, I’m not sure if I killed him or someone else performed the dirty deed. My days are not usually cluttered up with the recently deceased. So, a difficult call for me.
Right away, we meet Cass and has a sampling of her quirky personality. Moreover, we also meet her assistant, Quill. He’s an ex-con and smooth with the ladies. He’s also not even five feet tall. I’m hoping we’ll see this cast again, as I’m sure we will, including her a couple of her siblings.
I’m excited to read more about Cass and the crazy adventures she finds herself experiencing. And fun for me, I’ll get to experience them beside her.
By Tanya Kaanta for Love Books Group.
If you enjoyed the blog please leave a like and a comment. We would love it if you could share it on Twitter & Facebook. It really helps us to grow. Thanks so very much.
In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog
contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a
small commission for us (at no extra cost for you).
- #BookTourRecap #Nov2020 For the Love of a Pirate by Laura Nelson @Shockaboo @CayellePub @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours
- #TourRecap #Sept2020 Naked Truth: Or Equality, The Forbidden Fruit: A Novel by Carrie Hayes @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours
- #Tourrecap #Sept2020 Station Helix by Ash Greenslade @AshThrillers @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours
- #Oct2020 #Booktourrecap Familiar by T.J. Blake @TJBlake93 @freshly_press @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours #Familiar
- #TourRecep #Sept2020 A Stranger in Paris by Karen Webb @bookwormpegg @impressbooks1 @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours
- #Tourrecap #Sept2020 Girl Out of Place by Syl van Duyn and translated by Ernestine Hoegen @AuroraMetro @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours
- Fin & Rye & Fireflies by Harry Cook – @HarryCook @inkroadbooks @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours #Aug2020 #TourRecap
- Lillian White’s Journey by Karen Kelly @karenlindakelly @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours #Aug2020
- The Danger Life by Ken Lussey @KenLussey @fledglingpress @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours #July2020 #BookTourRecap
- #Tourrecap #Sept2020 The Story of Babushka by Catherine Flores @StoryofBabushka @AuthorFlores @ACLCreative_ @lovebooksgroup #lovebookstours