I am so happy that Love Books Group is part of the celebration for Sunshine After The Rain by Daisy James.
Huge congratulations to a truly beautiful lady, inside and out.
A summer that changes everything…
Frazzled workaholic Evie Johnson has finally had enough! When she’s blamed for a publicity disaster at the art gallery she loves, she decides to flee the bright lights of London for the sun-drenched shores of Corfu and turn her life upside-down.
Under the shade of the olive trees, she picks up her dusty paintbrushes and begins to chase the dreams she had put aside for so long. But she never expected to bump into drop-dead-gorgeous Sam Bradbury – and certainly not whilst wrapped only in a towel!
A summer fling is the last thing Evie wanted but a few stolen kisses under the stars might just begin to change her mind…
Daisy James ~ Author Guest Post
Don’t we all deserve a little sunshine after the rain?
First of all, a huge thank you for having me as a guest on your blog. It’s great to be here.
I’m a real sunshine enthusiast, always have been. Every year I look forward to the one week in the summer holidays when we can ditch the umbrellas and kagoules and escape the grey skies and goosepimple-inducing temperatures. I crave the chance to relax on a sun lounger, cocktail in one hand, a travel autobiography in the other, soaking up the sun’s rays. I think it might be to do with the fact that I’m a summer baby, born at the end of July. Unfortunately, it sometimes doesn’t work out like that, especially if that precious week is taken in the British Isles.
But never fear, a little slice of sunshine can always be found within the pages of a summery beach read. Sunshine After the Rain is set on the gorgeous shores of Corfu, an island soaked in golden sunshine and one of my absolute favourite destinations. They say that travel broadens the mind, but, in my view, that can also be done vicariously through the pages of a novel, or a travel memoir, where someone else has done the hard work and all we have to do is sit back and soak up the imagery the writer has created for us.
We all have dream holiday destinations, some we have been lucky enough to visit, some that are on our bucket list. Here are my top five:
- Bali – For me, there is something so exotic about this tiny paradise island in the South China Sea. I’d love to immerse myself in their fascinating cultural traditions, learn about batik-making and wood carving, and perhaps attend one of the Gamelan orchestra performances. And there will be guaranteed sunshine on offer!
- Venice – I love everything about Italy, the architecture, the fashion, the cars and, of course, the food. I went to Venice when I was a student and spent the day just wandering around the streets and alleyways just soaking up the atmosphere. We arrived by train and I’ll never forget that first glimpse of the Grand Canal. I would love to go back to explore the city with my family. I don’t think I can expect sunshine, but even in the rain Venice will be beautiful.
- Copenhagen – I wanted to include the Danish capital because my husband is part Danish and has been hoping to take a trip to see where his family are from for years. Don’t tell him, but if we are fortunate enough to go, I’m also planning to visit Tivoli Gardens and the Lego factory.
- Madeira – I adore flowers and would love to take a trip to the Botanical Gardens to see the orchids, roses and all the tropical flora this island boasts.
- Hawaii – the ultimate dream destination on my bucket list. Surfing the waves on Waikiki beach, maybe visiting a pineapple plantation or attending a lu’au, then sipping a mojito on the terrace outside the Royal Hawaiian Hotel whilst drinking in the view of Diamond Head would be the experience to beat all others.
I’d love to hear what sunshine destination is on your dream list. Answers on a postcard…. Or in the comments box below!
Huge thanks to Daisy James for being on the blog today and for the giveaway prize ~ See below.
Don’t forget to order Sunshine After The Rain
If you head over to our Twitter Page today, you can enter to win a £15 Amazon Gift Card, courtesy of Daisy James. Information is on the pinned post. It’s free to enter (UK).