“The truth costs nothing, but a lie can cost you everything…”
June 2007: a barbaric nail bomb is planted outside a London nightclub, a spy is found dead in his garden, and a blazing Jeep is driven into Glasgow airport. Three events bound by an earth-shattering connection that should have remained buried forever.
From the author of ‘The Theseus Paradox’, the smash-hit 7/7 thriller based on true events, comes the sequel about a real-life mystery that threatens to destroy a nation. Detective Inspector Jake Flannagan must uncover how a series of astonishing events are inextricably linked before the past closes in on him.
A COMPELLING DETECTIVE THRILLER BASED ON TRUE EVENTS
David says: “After twenty years in the police, I’m used to unmasking criminals, but today I’m delighted to reveal the cover of The Detriment for the very first time.”
“A detective thriller, it follows on from The Theseus Paradox, my first novel, which was set against the backdrop of the 7/7 London attacks.”
“This second outing for Detective Jake Flannagan sees him sailing close to the wind as he struggles to thwart a nightclub bomb plot and a blazing Jeep attack on an airport. I use my police knowledge in my books, and The Detriment is once again based on true events and actual criminal investigations.”
Here are David’s top five tips for creating a cover:
- Remember that we all judge a book by its cover, even if we say we don’t! Give the design as much forethought as you would your writing.
- Kickstart the process by throwing together a ‘mood board’ of images and colours which appeal – and even those which don’t!
- Design should always reflect your book’s content, otherwise, it’s just decoration.
- Have an outline idea of what you’d like, but remain flexible.
- Engage with the professionals, because you’ll need their design expertise to make your book look as good as it can.
Find out more about David Videcette and his books based on true events here, or chat to David on Facebook or Twitter.
Thank you, David Videcette and Videcette Limited for being on my blog today.
Find Love Books Group here too: